An introduction to Employment
Sporting Schools Ltd
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
where is it?
Contact Graham or George to find out the location
Course runs 6 weeks
Day 1 – 10am – 3pm
It can be run over two days per week, which would then last 3 weeks.
Overview of Support offered
The programme is to help people get jobs in the health, Fitness industry.
Unit 1 – ‘Who am I’? Find out what skills you have, how you want to develop,
Your strengths and areas for improvement.
Unit 2 – ‘Can I work with others’? Participate in team activities to see how
you cope working with others.
Unit 3 – Presentation skills. How to make a good first impression and make it
last throughout the interview process.
Unit 4 – Employee rights and responsibilities.
Unit 5 – ‘Get that Job’ realistic interview panel, who will help improve your
chances of employment.
Unit 6 – ‘Go Experience’ work in the industry of your choice.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minumum No. 4 Maximum No. 12
what equipment should i bring?
- A very practical course with units that are designed to help you develop skills for interviews, improve self-esteem, working with new colleagues, improving communication.
- The course will give you an understanding of what employers are looking for and how to improve your existing skills.
- You will take part in fun group and individual activities such as building bridges out of spaghetti, constructing a chair made from balloons.
- Take part in a mock interview, improve telephone skills, all to help you develop as a person.
- It will also enable you to plan a career pathway for future qualifications by working for a day or week in the industry of your choice.