Conflict Management Awareness
ARK Consultancy Ltd
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
0121 515 3831
where is it?
Support can be offered throughout the Black Country area, either at the existing Hubs, or alternative locations.
Sessions will run from 09.30 until 16:00.
Overview of Support offered
The training will be delivered with the young person in mind with a range of tools and techniques, delivered in a range of ways.
ARK proposes the training takes place over one day, and is aimed at improving
and enhancing the knowledge of young people as part of a vocational pathway
e.g. support or youth work and/or those who simply wish to gain better
knowledge of Conflict Management
Conflict Management Awareness for 15-29year olds who are not in
employment, education or training (NEET). We all face conflict at some time in
our lives. But it doesn’t always have to be negative. It doesn’t have to end up
as a war! In fact, if you learn skills to deal with conflict, there can be some
positive and satisfying outcomes.
1-day course in Conflict Management aimed to improve and enhance the
knowledge, self-awareness and emotional intelligence of young people as part
of a vocational pathway e.g. support or youth work and/or those who simply
wish to gain better knowledge of Conflict Management.
Our training will cover:
- Increasing Self Awareness.
- Determine the barriers to communication and underlying factors of
- Assess situations more accurately by identifying aggressive or negative
(ii) Conflict Situations
- Recognise the value of being proactive in preventing conflict situations.
- Prevent issues escalating and to resolve conflict that is in progress.
- Awareness of how others respond during and after stressful events
and how to end the conflict.
- Strengthening your position in the communication and working
(iii) Conflict Resolution
- Tips and methods for facilitating conflict resolution.
- Common intervention language.
- Identify the stage of conflict and choose the appropriate technique to
resolve the situation.
- Implementing decisions by creating a plan of action.
- Our approach to delivering this course would be to work with a cohort of no
more than 15 young people at a time. Ideally each will undertake the Thomas-
Kilman Conflict Model Assessment online prior to the course.
All tools and techniques are proven to work with conflict and emotional self-
management and are drawn from the fields of EQ, NLP, Cognitive Behavioural
Therapy, and behavioural psychology.
We will seek CPD certification for all training delivered.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 6 Maximum No. 15
what equipment should i bring?
Supports engagement, this is me, – the course will provide self-awareness for
individuals Increasing Self Awareness of their behaviours and attitudes and
help determine the barriers to communication and underlying factors of
conflict and provide insight, tips and methods for facilitating conflict
Our programme is designed to equip attendees with the knowledge, skills,
mindset and most importantly capability, to understand manage themselves.