Creative Workshops for Parent Engagement: Cake Decorating
Just Straight Talk
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
where is it?
Talent Match main or satellite HUBS
Thursdays any 2hours between 9am and 2pm
Overview of Support offered
The purpose of these workshops is to engage you as a young parent, promote creative activities to do with your children and provide an opportunity to engage with other provision such as training and employment. The facilitator of this activity is an Employment Support Officer with a Creative Craft background.
Activity: Monsters and Unicorns
During this session we will:
- Mixing basic Vanilla Buttercream Icing.
- Mix the three primary colours and learn how to make a full colour palette from those colours and explain to the children how colours mix.
- Piping icing onto readymade cakes using icing bags and nozzles using one colour or more e.g. rainbow icing.
- Making a range of features to decorate cakes such as eyes, horns, mouths etc using fondant icing.
- Show you how you can work with your children to decorate cupcakes.
- Decorate 4 cupcakes to take home.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 1 Maximum No. 8
what equipment should i bring?
You do not require equipment or resources to join.
- Opportunity to engage with the subject of work readiness
- Create a sense of pride in producing a creative item
- Empowering you to engage their children in creative activities confidently
- Building confidence to take these steps next time independently
- Increase and boost your self esteem & belief in yourself
- Increase inter-personnel skills
- More knowledge on careers and options available to you
- More experience, skills and experience
- Overall sense of moving forward