Creative Workshops for Parent Engagement: Crafts and Next Steps
Just Straight Talk
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
where is it?
Talent Match main or satellite HUBS
Thursdays any 2hours between 9am and 2pm
Overview of Support offered
The purpose of these workshops is to engage you as a young parent, promote creative activities to do with your children and provide an opportunity to engage with other provision such as training and employment. The facilitator of this activity is an Employment Support Officer with a Creative Craft background, in addition the workshop will also be attended by a the Lone Parent Adviser from JCP, a Specialist Enterprise Support Adviser and a Talent Match Mentor.
This session will be delivered as a flexible session with a range of craft activities for you and your children to continue on from a previous craft session and learn some new activities which will be tailored from the previous session.
In addition we will also provide Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG) in regards to employment, training, self employment and changes to your benefits focussing on lone parents.
The craft activities will help engage your children whilst allowing you the opportunity to discuss your options with the Support Officers attending.
Activity : General Crafts Flexible session
Approx up to 2hrs
During this session we will:
- Show you how you can help your child create a range of fun items using cheap and easily available materials.
- Gain IAG regarding their options for future employment, training, changes to benefits etc
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 1 Maximum No. 8
what equipment should i bring?
Participants do not require equipment or resources to join.
- Opportunity to engage with the subject of work readiness
- Create a sense of pride in producing a creative item
- Empowering you to engage their children in creative activities confidently
- Building confidence to take these steps next time independently
- Increase and boost your self esteem & belief in yourself
- Increase inter-personnel skills
- More knowledge on careers and options available to you
- More experience, skills and experience
- Overall sense of moving forward