Developing for employment or work experience in sports coaching
Sporting Schools Ltd
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
where is it?
Contact Graham or George to find out the location
6 weeks duration – 10am – 4pm
Can be done over 3 weeks at 2 days per week, but we would need notice of 4 weeks in order to book dodgeball and first aid.
Overview of Support offered
The programme is to help you get jobs in the sports coaching industry.
Unit 1 – Becoming a good sports coach – Shows you how to plan and deliver a
sports session. It covers warm up, cool down, health and safety,
planning fun activities and developing a plan for your group to
improve on their chosen sport.
Unit 2 – Dodgeball level 1 coaching qualification – Will allow you to apply for
jobs with private coaching companies, leisure centres and holiday
Unit 3 – 1st aid certificate. Shows employers you can deal with emergency
Unit 4 – Assist in the delivery of a sports activity. This gives you an understanding of
what you need to do as an assistant coach.
Unit 5 – Sports Experience, basketball, volleyball, dodgeball, tri-golf and multi skills.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minumum No. 6 Maximum No. 12
what equipment should i bring?
- The government are encouraging more people to be involved in sport, they want to improve health of the nation, but also quality of young talent. It is a thriving industry to be involved in.
- Gain confidence through organising a coaching session.
- Improve self-esteem.
- Increased knowledge of related industry.
- Improve employability by gaining more industry related qualifications.
- Encourage engagement in learning a subject of interest.
- Opportunity to progress to a course at the next level in education.
- You will need to be able to pass a DBS check to work with young people.