Developing you for employment or work experience in the health and fitness industry
Sporting Schools Ltd
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
where is it?
Contact Graham or George to find out the location
Course runs 6 weeks
Day 1 – 10am – 4pm
It can be run over two days per week, which would then last 3 weeks.
Overview of Support offered
The programme is to help people get jobs in the health, Fitness industry.
Unit 1 – Understanding health, fitness.
Unit 2 – Understand and take part in a warm up and cool down.
Unit 3 – 1st aid certificate. Shows employers you can deal with emergency situations.
Unit 4 – Take part in a practical fitness session indoors and outdoors
Unit 5 – Plan a career pathway into the health and fitness industry
Unit 6 – ‘Go Experience’ work in a gym.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minumum No. 4 Maximum No. 12
what equipment should i bring?
- The fitness industry is still developing, as a nation we are more health conscious than ever.
- Work in a gym, become a personal trainer, it’s all out there.
- The course will give you a basic understanding of health and fitness.
- It will also enable you to plan a career pathway for future qualifications and experience.
- A very practical course which will help you – Understand the benefits of exercise – Deliver a warm up and cool down – Take part in an indoor and an outdoor exercise session – You will also be taught how to assess your own fitness – Demonstrate correct techniques when doing physical activity – Complete a 6-week training programme to improve own fitness and understanding of health and fitness.
- You will also do a 1st aid course.
- Gain confidence through discussions about health and fitness.
- Improve self-esteem.
- Increased knowledge of related industry.