Developing you to understand Nutrition, Performance and Healthy Eating
Sporting Schools Ltd
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
where is it?
Contact Graham or George to find out the location
Course runs 6 weeks
Day 1 – 10am – 4pm
It can be run over two days per week, which would then last 3 weeks.
Overview of Support offered
The programme is to help you understand what a healthy diet is, food labels and cooking health meals on a budget.
Unit 1 – Understanding the Importance of a Balanced Diet and Regular Exercise
Unit 2 – Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene Certificate, which will enable people to gain
employment in restaurants, hotels, fast food outlets, takeaways, cafes, bars,
kitchens, catering in hospitals, schools and colleges.
Unit 3 – Using Cooking Skills in the Domestic Kitchen to prepare a balanced meal using
Unit 4 – Using Cooking Skills in the Domestic Kitchen to prepare a balanced meal using
Unit 5 – Developing your own health diet plan to either loose, gain or maintain weight.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minumum No. 4 Maximum No. 12
what equipment should i bring?
- The course will give you a basic understanding of health and fitness. It will also enable you to plan a career pathway for future qualifications and experience.
- A very practical course which will help you – Understand the benefits of exercise – Deliver a warm up and cool down – Take part in an indoor and an outdoor exercise session – You will also be taught how to assess your own fitness – Demonstrate correct techniques when doing physical activity – Complete a 6-week training programme to improve own fitness and understanding of health and fitness.
- You will also do a 1st aid course.
- Gain confidence through discussions about health and fitness.
- Improve self-esteem.
- Increased knowledge of related industry.
- Improve employability by gaining more industry related qualifications.
- Encourage engagement in learning a subject of interest.
- Opportunity to progress to a course at the next level in education or work experience.