Emergency First Aid at Work Course
SainTs Training Ltd
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
where is it?
Office 28, Cleveland St, Wolverhampton
The course is delivered in a single day, for 8 hours. Times and dates will be confirmed.
Overview of Support offered
This qualification is designed for those learners wishing to gain a nationally recognised qualification in first aid and become emergency first aiders in their workplace. This qualification meets the requirements for training emergency first-aiders in those organisations that have identified a need for staff to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment. The topics within this qualification are regarded by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) as being important in maintaining good practice in the safe, prompt and effective treatment of injuries and ill health in the workplace.
The qualification provides learners with the knowledge, understanding and skills in emergency first aid. This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who work in low hazard environments (for example an office or shop) or where Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidelines indicate staff should hold a certificate in emergency first aid at work. It gives learners the skills and confidence to respond to a range of accidents and first aid emergencies they could encounter in the workplace.
SainTs Training has been delivering numerous course to its mentees for many years and with this latest addition to our deliverables, we hope this continue to grow.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 4 Maximum No. 12
What equipment should I bring?
All training equipment is provided but attendees should wear comfortable clothing, allowing them to achieve the bend and crouch positions.
Our emergency first aid at work course covers the content specified in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This course gives learners the skills to help someone who is:
- unresponsive and breathing
- unresponsive and not breathing (including the use of an automated external defibrillator/AED)
- having a seizure
- bleeding heavily
- suffering from shock
It also includes information on:
- dealing with an emergency:
- assessing a casualty
- monitoring a casualty
- where to get help
- electrical incidents
- accident recording and reporting
- control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH).
Emergency 1st Aid at Work is essential for all working and recreational environments including:
- People responsible for First Aid cover for businesses of up to 50 employees
- Sports Professionals and Personal Trainers (including Football Association, Rugby, Sailing, Hockey)
- Charities & Local Authorities
- Children & Youth organisations
- Builders & Construction site staff
- Beauty, Retail & Hospitality
- Home Carers, Care Homes & Foster Carers needing a regulated qualification
- Health professionals