Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
Where is it?
The Boot Factory, 22 Cleveland Rd, Wolverhampton, WV2 1BH
11:00 – 16:00 4 day placement
Overview of Support offered
A short Employability Skills course developed to help make participants more work ready and prepare them for the working world. This course is works well 1-2-1 (it can also be delivered to groups) and is especially well suited to those with career interests in ICT, Digital Marketing and Creative Media.
Pre-employability courses are quite common, but we’re able to give them a LearnPlay spin, delivering at our creative media offices in Wolverhampton which are filled with designers, video producers and web developers – a motivational environment for anyone interest in digital media careers!
The 4 days would include a set of workshops followed by a digital activity and will cover:
- Interview techniques, CV building & Job applications
- Job searching and skills-scan activities to identify and break down barriers to work
- Filmed and evaluated mock interviews
- Taster sessions in creative media areas (Video Production, Digital Design and Games Development)
- Development of a digital CV (a video, interactive environment or design).
The activities focus on improving confidence, communication, presentation & critical thinking skills whilst creating a chance for participants to fully consider, observe & evaluate themselves from an employability standpoint. They will have the opportunity to look at what they do well and set targets on things they can improve.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 3 Maximum No. 12
what equipment should i bring
Participants will be given support in how to present themselves
appropriately when trying to apply for a job role. There is a
naturally expectation that participants will develop a range of soft
skills – team building, communication, confidence as well as
English and IT.
Participants would work towards one of the following:
- BTEC Level 2 Certificate for IT Users (ITQ) (QCF)
- BTEC Level 2 Award in Work skills for Effective Learning
- BTEC Level 3 Award in Work skills for Effective Learning
Upon completion of the course, participants are offered a guaranteed interview which allows potential for a progression opportunity directly in to creative media employment.