Theatre and Theatre in Education productions
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
Where is it?
Any location including our venue – Bilston Town Hall.
Dependent on programme.
Overview of Support offered
We can provide opportunities for participants to perform within or undertake stage or technical management for professional touring theatre and theatre in education programmes. This could include individual participation within a team of professional actors and crew or a project consisting of up to 5 Talent Match participants and 2 professional actors.
This will give first hand experience of working within the industry, directly with those already in the field. This might include performances in schools, community settings and/or theatre venues on a national and potentially international basis.
You can gain their accredited Arts Award qualification through participation within this programme.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 1 Maximum No. 5
What equipment should I bring?
- Increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Improved social skills, including communication.
- New specific transferable skills developed- including those required for jobs within the performing arts industry.
- Access to enjoyable activities that support individual needs and help to nurture hopes and aspirations.
- An opportunity to discover new interests and new talents- encouraging commitment, a sense of achievement and possibly a career path.
- Contacts made with professionals working in the theatre field who can provide guidance and advice around careers.
- Potential progression routes into training and employment opportunities.