Gloucester Street Community Centre
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
Telephone 01902 425461 or 01902 686068
where is it?
1-8 Gloucester Street, Wolverhampton, WV6 0PT
Can offer delivery at HUB’s.
2 hour sessions, once a week for four weeks.
Overview of Support offered
- Introduction to Working in Childcare OR
- Introduction to Working in Health & Social Care OR
- Introduction to Sports Coaching OR
- Introduction to Enterprise (Business) OR
- Introduction to Working in IT
Not yet sure what career you want in the future? Why not try one of our ‘taster sessions’ to help you find out more about the career that you are interested in. The taster sessions are fun and interactive, making use of technology to give you a “taste” of each career opportunity. During the last week of the course you also get an opportunity to spend a few hours in an organisation and experiencing your selected career choice.
After the session you will be better informed and can take the next step towards pursuing further education by accessing a Level 1 or Level 2 course.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 6 Maximum No. 8
what equipment should i bring?
- Increase self-confidence and improve your perspective of yourself
- Develop communication skills
- Improve knowledge and understanding of career options and opportunities
- Develop SMART learning goals and learning action plan
- Increase employability skills
- Improve employability prospects