Groundwork West Midlands
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
Where is it?
Hub, at our premises in Tipton or a local community venue.
One off 3 hour workshops, or a series of 6 workshops.
Overview of Support offered
This is essential if you are looking to live independently and wanting to confidently manage your money. We have delivered programmes to young people living in supported accommodation and social housing. Our fun, informal, interactive workshops include;
- Budgeting and priority payments
- Credit awareness and loan sharks
- Utilities and energy efficiency
- Cooking on a budget
- Meal ideas
- Basic DIY and Landlord’s responsibilities
- Independent Living considerations
Sessions are practical and interactive. We could use an ASDAN personal Finance short course over a period of 6 sessions with you as an extension of what is outlined above.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 6 Maximum No. Any
what Equipment should i bring?
- Increased resilience to live independently
- Increased financial confidence
- Increased understanding of how to manage your money