Health & Wellbeing Support
Groundwork West Midlands
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
where is it?
Hub, at our premises in Tipton or a local venue.
One off sessions or series of 10 sessions.
Overview of Support offered
We deliver community activity programmes, awareness raising, coaching and mentoring to encourage and support behaviour change for improved Health and Wellbeing.
- Cooking and healthy eating programmes
- First step physical activity programmes which use green or everyday community spaces to help you become more active
- Combining healthy eating and physical activity in groups (sometimes as family learning)
- If you have severe and enduring mental ill-health, we can support you using physical activity to build confidence and increase access to sustainable activities for all
Minimum group sizes of 6 tend to work well when covering sensitive topic areas. Our approach is tailored to individual need and we use a range of learning aids to assist delivery.
We are able to deliver ASDAN Leadership short courses over a series of 10 sessions. Food Hygiene certificates are also covered.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 8 Maximum No. Any
what equipment should i bring?
- Increased understanding of Healthy Eating
- Improved Mental and Physical Health and Wellbeing