Groundwork West Midlands
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
where is it?
Hub, at our premises in Tipton or a local venue.
One off taster sessions or a series of 4 sessions.
Overview of Support offered
Our Substance Awareness education is delivered through fun, informal, interactive workshops that cover the effects of drugs and alcohol plus legal and lifestyle issues.
- Informal workshops around the different types of substances; to raise awareness.
- Risk taking behaviour and consequences.
- Particular emphasis on weed, the most common drug used amongst your age group.
- Attitudes and the Law.
Both Sexual Health and Substance Awareness delivery can run alongside other courses in order to develop your awareness, life skills and Personal Social Delivery.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 6 Maximum No. Any
what equipment should i bring?
- Increased Substance Awareness.
- Able to make informed choices.
- Understanding of associated risk and consequences.