Health and Wellbeing Assessments
YMCA Black Country Group
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
where is it?
Any suitable venue
Overview of Support offered
We provide one-to-one support with fully qualified and experienced Lifestyle Coaches enabling you to make positive lifestyle choices to improve your overall health and wellbeing. Looking at health in a holistic way, Lifestyle Coaches will encourage clients to consider a broad spectrum of factors that affect health including employment status, mental health, relationships and finances. Clients will receive a minimum of 6 months support, meeting at 6 weekly intervals. At each meeting, a Health Check will be conducted including blood pressure, hip, waist and height measurements, weight and BMI; and SMART goals will be discussed and set, resulting in sustained behaviour change at 6 months. Clients will receive a personalised diary/resource pack and fitness tracker watch if they are achieving their goals. In between appointments, participants continue to remain in contact with their Lifestyle Coach to maintain motivation and seek further information and guidance.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
What equipment should I bring?
A private space or room to use.
- Leading with confidence
- Learning from failure
- Taking initiative
- Young people experiencing poor physical health will make positive lifestyle changes to improve their health and wellbeing.
- Young people will have increased knowledge and skills to support their peers, families and communities to also make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Young people will have improved confidence, self-esteem, optimism and motivation.
- Young people will report an increase in their employability and/or transferable skills.
- Young people will improve their life skills such as money management, cooking, building relationships, personal hygiene.
- Young people at increased risk, or experiencing, mental ill health and/or stress will have improved mental health and wellbeing