Tech for the Modern Day
Ideal For All
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
Tel: 0121 558 5555
where is it?
Independent Living Centre,100 Oldbury Road, Smethwick B66 1JE.
Six 2 hour sessions once a week.
Overview of Support offered
Looking for an I.T. based career? Maybe you just have a keen interest in technology? This is a short course looking at different types of technology we use in everyday life for both leisure and work. You will look at:
- Different operating systems on computers and why you need to use them at various times
- Discussing social media and how you can get the most from it whilst staying safe
- A discussion session with our Media technician to find out about why he uses both Mac and PC and the skills needed to work in Media
- Using a computer to use drawing/painting software to look at design
- Tablets and phones and how you can use them to look for work and research information
- What training options are available to consider working in media and IT as future employment
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 6 Maximum No. 10
What equipment should I bring?
- Know the differences between PC and Mac and how they are used in business.
- Gain an awareness of drawing and art software for design work.
- Identify the duties of a Media Technician.
- Describe how to stay safe on social media.
- Describe the difference between using a tablet, phone, laptop and PC to find information.