Grow, Cook, Eat
Ideal for All - Growing Opportunities
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
Tel: 0121 558 5555
where is it?
Salop Drive Market Garden, Oldbury B69 9AG.
6 sessions x 3 hours
Overview of Support offered
Whether you dream about becoming the next celebrity chef, want to grow your own food, or just try something new; we want to help you work towards your career aspirations. We are offering people just like you the chance to take part in our workshops with activities and experiences in the gardens and kitchen. During the 6 creative sessions you will:
- Tour our sites including our flagship Market Garden, gain ’hands on’ gardening experience including growing, harvesting and packing fresh food crops. Creating your own mini windowsill garden to take home.
- Learn more about the seasonal and local food.
- Get to know your food – Explore your senses, where food comes from, how it is stored and what you make with it.
- Learn how to cut down on fat, salt and sugar – and swap them for something delicious, fresh and better for you.
- Discover and create your own recipes and mix up those flavours, without all the nasty things that usually get added to our food. Best of all we get to taste and try out everything we create.
- Programme aimed to inspire confidence and creativity. Groups work together, building skills and competence in the gardens and kitchen, making new friends along the way.
- Build your confidence, get outside and motivated, gain real life experience and life skills.
- Option of progression onto further courses including our accredited qualifications.
Whatever your chosen path or goal, we’ll support you along the way in reaching your potential. Remember this is not your typical classroom; this is bespoke training, created by and for people like you based in a real life setting.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 6 Maximum No. 10
What equipment should I bring?
- Inspire confidence and creativity.
- Improve Team building skills.
- Introduction to horticultural techniques and productive aspects of horticulture.
- Gain greater understanding into food growing and local agendas.
- Learning about food hygiene, allergies/intolerances and good practice.
- Gain knowledge and experience on a real life market garden and kitchen setting.