Growing Positively for Success
Ideal for All - Growing Opportunities
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
Tel: 0121 558 5555
where is it?
Salop Drive Market Garden, Oldbury B69 9AG.
6 sessions x 3 hours
Overview of Support offered
Positively Growing for Success offers people like you the chance to take part in activities which promote your independence and self-esteem, giving you the tools you need to succeed with a positive attitude.
Housed at two beautiful gardens, Growing Opportunities supports people of all ages and abilities in the Black Country and Birmingham to get involved in gardening and community sessions. We work together on activities aimed at promoting healthy lifestyle, supporting confidence and wellbeing, independence, physical activity maintenance and rehabilitation, learning and fun. This course includes:
- Introduction to gardening and basic life skills – sowing seeds and planting, floristry, construction, cooking and preparing food, living on a budget, learning to trust others, working together.
- Make new friends and meet people, whilst giving something back to the local community.
- Use the ‘5 ways to wellbeing’ to look at how we can be kinder to ourselves, and focus on the positive things we can do not those we struggle with.
- Become more independent, taking better care of yourself and your future.
- Build your confidence, get outside and motivated, gain real life experience and life skills.
- Options to progress onto courses including our accredited qualifications.
Whether you want to use this time to get active, work hard and keep busy, or reflect on life in the peaceful quiet surroundings, our experienced horticultural therapists have something for everyone.
It can be tough when you may need to rely on others day to day more than most people; but we can show you that some of these barriers can be overcome. We are all much more than the problems we face. Yes, we feel different, but that is what makes us unique.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 6 Maximum No. 10
What equipment should I bring?
- Inspire confidence and creativity.
- Improve Team building skills.
- Introduction to horticultural techniques and productive aspects of horticulture.
- Gain greater understanding into food growing and local agendas.
- Learning about food hygiene, allergies/intolerances and good practice.
- Gain knowledge and experience on a real life market garden and kitchen setting.