SIA Door Supervision with SIA Licence processing included
Mercury Training Services Ltd
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
where is it?
Has easy access from buses, metro and trains.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Overview of Support offered
This accredited qualification is ideal if you are wishing to work as a Door Supervisor, as it provides the necessary skills and knowledge to apply for an SIA licence and work as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry.
Subjects covered include behavioural standards, legislation relevant to the role, search procedures, powers of arrest, recording incidents and crime preservation, reducing risk, conflict management and communicating effectively.
What is covered on the course?
This qualification must be undertaken over 5 days.
It is divided into 4 units:
Unit 1: Working in the Private Security Industry
Unit 2: Working as a Door Supervisor
Unit 3: Conflict Management for the Private Security Industry
Unit 4: Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry
How is the course assessed?
3 multiple-choice examinations, a theoretical assessment and a practical assessment.
If you have any health concerns, please consult with your doctor or GP for advice.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minumum No. 1 Maximum No. 20
what equipment should i bring?
Refreshments: There is juice available but lunch is not
Identification: Delegates will be required to bring passport style photograph, their SIA licence and ID from the following list.
- Two identity documents from the Group A list. At least one document mustshow the candidate’s current address and at least one document must show their date of birth; or
- One identity document from the Group A list and Two documents from the Group B list. At least one document must show the candidate’s current address and at least one document must show their date of birth.
Group A Documents
- Signed valid passport of any nationality.
- Signed UK photo driving licence (both parts required).
- UK birth certificate or certified copy issued within 12 months of birth, but not a photocopy.
Group B Documents
- Valid EU photo ID card.
- Valid UK firearms licence with photo.
- Signed UK paper driving licence.
- Marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate, with translation if not in English.
- Certified copy (not photocopy) of a UK birth certificate issued more than 12 months after date of birth.
- Non-UK birth certificate, with translation if not in English.
- P45 statement of income for tax purposes on leaving a job issued in the last 12 months.
- P60 annual statement of income for tax purposes issued in the last 12 months.
- Bank or building society statement issued to current address, less than three months old. You can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different bank or building society.
- Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Gas, electric, landline phone, water, satellite, cable bill issued to current address within last 3 months. (mobile phone contract INVALID FROM 31 AUGUST 2012) You can only use one utility bill in support of your application.
- Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in the last 12 months.
- British work permit or visa issued in the last 12 months
- Letter from H.M. Revenue and Customs, Dept of Work and Pensions, employment service or local authority issued within the last 3 months.
More than one letter can be used if issued by different government departments or different local authorities.
- Credit card statement sent to current address in the last 3 months. More than one statement can be used if issued by different service providers.
- Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Child benefit book issued in the last 12 months.
Benefits of the course:
This course meets the Security Industry Authority (SIA) requirements for licensing.
Achievement of SIA Door Supervision Qualification and SIA Licence to be able to operate legally within the private security industry.