Get Started with Football
THE PRINCE’S TRUST
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
0800 842 842
Where is it?
The Albion Foundation, Ford Street Smethwick B67 7QY
Date upon request
Overview of Support offered
Football is one of our most popular themes.
Get Started with Football contains the following elements:
- A two hour taster session.
- A five day course packed full of football activity over which young people will work as a group to design and deliver a coaching session or football tournament. All delivered by The Albion Foundation at an inspirational venue.
- A chance to gain at least one formal accreditation.
- A celebration event on the last day.
- A group reunion within two weeks of the end of the course at which appropriately sourced outcome opportunities will be presented.
- Three months of one-to-one support by a Prince’s Trust member of staff to support young people towards education, employment, training or volunteering.
- The additional offer of six months one-to-one progression support by a volunteer mentor to young people who would benefit.
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 15 Maximum No. 20
What equipment should I bring?
- Improve your football skills.
- Complete a group challenge.
- Gain a qualification- Junior Football Leaders Award and or FA Level 1 in Coaching Football.
As well as:-
- Voluntary and work experience opportunities, particularly with the delivery partner (when available).
- Development Awards for further qualification in football coaching.
- Participation in The Prince’s Trust Team programme.
- Enrolment in local college courses.
- Uptake of volunteer mentoring support.