Care to Make a Difference
Area’s support can be offered
Sandwell Dudley Wolverhampton Central Walsall
Where is it?
Green Lane Campus, Longa Acre Street, Walsall, WS2 8HX
Every month booked in advance. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday for 3 weeks.
Overview of Support offered
You will have to attend a group information session and complete a Literacy/Numeracy assessment prior to starting the course.
NCFE Level 1 Award Introduction to Adult Social Care. A specific course developed in partnership with Adult Care Employers, to prepare you for your first steps into this sector. Units covered include
- Introduction to the Adult Social Care sector
- Introduction to the values and principles of Adult Social Care
- Awareness of the skills and attitudes needed to work in Adult Social Care
- Awareness of communication in Adult Social Care
- Awareness of the role and responsibilities of the Adult Social Care worker and Employability
Is this activity linked to;
Increasing confidence Increasing motivation Increasing Optimism Improving employability
Where does this support fit into my journey?
Engagement This is me I’m up for it I’m ready I’m on my way
Minimum No. 8 Maximum No. 12
What equipment should I bring?
NCFE Level 1 Award Introduction to Adult Social Care.
Potential employers come to the last day of training to sign up interested people.